Minutes for 10/07/02
Meeting was held at Caroline Domingo’s house after the weekly vigil.
Present: Caroline, Gene, Paul, Lee, Ed
- Discussion of finding a regular, public meeting for the Coalition. We discussed
that having a regular time and place for meeting would help in terms of reaching
out to new people. One of the issues discussed was to make the business meeting
and the social gathering distinct. People could gather socially after the
meeting should they wish to, but the meetings should be focused on the work
of the Coalition. One of the suggestions was the South Bend Public Library.
- Paul checked that and their meeting rooms are under construction for
the next couple of months.
- Anyone who has another suggestion for a centrally located space for
meetings please respond to the e-list.
- We decided that we would hold meetings EVERY Monday after the vigil until
Thanksgiving-we will decide in November about Meeting schedules for the winter
- We felt that there should be at least two phone lists.
- One of key activists who regularly attend MPJ meetings or who represent
other organizations which meet regularly.
- A second of mailing list participants who are not accessable by the
topica list or e-mail.
- There will be an effort before the next meeting to uncover what phone
lists have already been constructed.
- There will be buses leaviong Chicago for the October 26 Demonstration in
Washington. The cost is $70 round-trip and the buses will leave Chicago about
5:00 PM on October 25. If there is enough interest in South Bend we may be
able to request that the buses stop to pick up people in South Bend. So—if
you want to go contact Gene at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Home | Meeting Minutes | Other
Activities | Join Us | Links