This free script provided by
Michiana Peace and Justice Coalition
with the Peace Education Fund of Indiana, Inc.
Results from bean poll at MLK/Earth Day tables, 2016
| Syria Vigil, September 9, 2013 |
Area vigils against the war:
Note: Participants in our vigils are asked to abide by our
Discipline for Peace Demonstrations
- Every Monday, 4:30-5:30 pm -- Weekly
South Bend Vigil at the Federal Building, Jefferson and Main,
to oppose war in Afghanistan.
Bring your own sign or
share ours. These are nonviolent protests. We show respect for all
participants and passers-by.
All who share our concerns are welcome
- Little Taste of Peace: Join us on January 14 at Little Flower Parish Center at 54191 Ironwood Rd, South Bend. MPJC has offered to cosponsor
this annual event which serves to kick off the 2017 Studies Circles program as well as honor Dr. King's vision of folks from different backgrounds
sitting down together to discuss critical topics in our lives. The event will start at 6:15pm on Saturday, January 14. Please call Erin at YWCA at
574-233-9491 Ext 316 or go to http://www.ywcancin.org to register online by 1/13/2017 or register at the door.
Each attendee is asked to bring a dessert or finger food to share.
- Dr. Martin L. King Birthday Celebration: MPJC will have a table all day at Century Center on Monday January 16th.
Please contact Peter Smith if you can help staff the table for an hour
or two (574-532-3720). We usually join the walk from the County City
building to Century Center. The festivities for this walk start about
11:45am in the County City building lobby.
- "Stay Hopeful" Vigil: Gather in Jon Hunt Plaza in front of Morris Civic in South Bend at 3:15 just before the Women's march
January 21, to hold a string of paper plates which folks have decorated with what they care about. We will ask
them to work with the paper plates at Lois' table at MLK day.
- Next MPJC Meeting: MPJC will meet
on Monday, February 13th at 2:30pm
at Southfield Village Assisted Living Center, South Bend.
All are welcome to attend.
button on left for the previous meeting minutes and click
here for the next meeting agenda.
Call Peter at 574-532-3720 for
- Write to Congress: We need to
keep pressure on Congress to end the war. Click
Here for the addresses:
- FLOC Statement: MPJC has endorsed
this FLOC Statement from the Farm Labor Organizing
as part of our position on immigration reform. We
also endorsed the Mexico Solidarity Network Statement.
- New "Cost of War" Brochure: Look
at and print this 2 page brochure prepared
by the Peace Not War faculty group at Saint Mary's College.
up to date information on the cost of the war in Afghanistan (and Iraq) in dollars, lives,
and other needs not met.
Back to top
Ongoing actions you can take: